A GOLD LEAF DESIGN GROUP ORIGINAL
- SPECS > Most Wall Play™ components are four inches or less in depth from a flat surface. The stainless steel screw is one inch long.
- DURABILITY > Wall Play™ is not easily breakable and has been used in many commercial settings for over 15+ years.
- INSTALLATION > Wall Play™ is easy to install by mounting each directly to your wall or surface. For drywall, simply attach by screwing the entire component into the wall. For hardwood we suggest pre-drilling a pilot hole using a 1/8" drill bit.
- QUANTITY TO USE> The quantity of Wall Play™ doesn’t dictate the overall size of the completed installation. Your designated installation space can adapt using a few or a larger quantity of Wall Play™ components. It depends on how abundant or minimal you want the final design to be. Formal or organic, repeating one style, combining multiple shapes, clustering, and layering are all choices available to you.
- SUBSTRATES > Custom substrates can be manufactured in most dimensions and colors in our Chicago studio. We can complete your design and ship to your site, including security hardware. Production time and additional charges apply.
- CUSTOMIZING > Painting, leafing, edging, adding botanicals to Wall Play™ and custom substrates are completed in our Chicago studio. Production time and additional charges apply.
- TEMPLATES > Work with one of our team members to create your own customized layout using any style of Wall Play™ or Wall Art. Production time and additional charges apply.
- OUTDOOR > Many styles are non-porous, impervious to the elements, have no leafing foil with inherent color, and have no surface painting. This collection is also perfect for customizing using your own paints. Some colors could fade with time and stainless steel is not marine grade which could corrode in salty environments (including winter salt use).
- SUPPORT > Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We love new ideas and are eager to help.
WORKING WITH WALL PLAY™
Wall Play™ is easy to install. Dramatic compositions are possible by mixing shapes and colors, using a few or many. Simply mount each to your wall or surface. It’s easy to be creative!
#1 - PLANNING
Decide the overall size of your design and how many pieces you would like to use. Sketching will help to explore options. Another way of visualizing your creation is to adhere Post-It® papers to your vertical surface to represent each Wall Play™ shape. Move the papers around until you are happy. Experiment with clustering and loose flowing. The quantity of Wall Play™ doesn't dictate the overall size of completed design.
Wall Play™ gets more interesting when different styles are combined. With this, clustering and layering a variety of shapes can create even more depth and reinforce a theme. Use the power of negative space to increase the overall dimensions of your design and to help stop unwanted repetition. In other words, empty space within your design is ok.
POPULAR COMBINATIONS FOR COMBINING STYLES INCLUDE:
- Coral, Radica, Crystal, Seed & Parasol
- Fig & Cubical
- Trio, Seed & Full Moon
- Lichen, Derma & Daffodil
- Cactus & Seed
- Seed & Derma
- Plane & Orb
- Organic & Full Moon
- Koi & Orb
- Seed & Full Moon
WHEN CLUSTERING it is important to note the widest dimension of each Wall Play™ style. This is the minimum distance required between each. If overlapping Wall Play™ of different heights, install the shortest first, then the tallest.
Wall Play™ is designed for easy installation. It is safe to install directly into drywall. But, for harder material, we recommend that you pre-drill holes. The softer the material, the smaller the drill bit you will need. Drill your holes through the sticky notes that you have placed. See how our friends at Colonna + Co (Park Ridge, Illinois) personalized their Wall Play™ and easily created their site-specific art installation.
#2 - INSTALLATION
WHEN LAYERING Wall Play™ of different heights, install the shortest first, then the tallest.
IF A SCREW BREAKS, it usually means that the substrate that you are screwing into is too hard and a pilot hole is required or is too small. It is best to remove the broken screw from the substrate using needle nose pliers. Or leave as is and screw another Wall Play™ component beside the broken screw/ hole camouflaging the broken screw.
IF INDIVIDUAL PIECES ARE FITTING LOOSELY note that excessive screwing and unscrewing can make the screw hole larger and less stable. Remove the Wall Play™ component and push short pieces of toothpicks into the hole. The added wood will help to grab the threading of the screw better. Putting a small amount of glue on the screw while installing also can help to secure better especially in thin drywall.
CAUTION. Wall Play™ has sharp screws. Product is not made for use by children.
OFF THE WALL
Wall Play™ is not just for vertical surfaces. You can add splashes of texture and color almost anywhere. Flow your design onto a ceiling, create a custom sculpture, customize furniture and more. Many styles are paintable and can even be used outdoors. Have fun and enjoy.
Visit our Gallery to get your Wall Play inspiration.
Browse our Wall Play Collection.
** Video credits: Design Interiors and Colonna + Co in Park Ridge, Illinois